Crockpot Carrot Cake

 I think there's some law of nature that says if your oven is broken, you will crave baked treats!  Our oven has issues, so I decided to try "baking" in our crockpot!  Experiment #1 worked great!  This carrot cake was delicious, super moist, and sooooo easy!

I used a carrot cake mix because I didn't want to put all the effort into a cake from scratch that might not turn out.  I mixed it according to the directions on the package, then poured it into the greased crockpot.  I turned it on high, and waited two hours.  I think it might have been done closer to an hour and a half, but I was afraid to open the lid!  As it was, I cut about 1/4 inch of slightly toasted (not even burnt!) edge off one side.  It was delicious plain, with ice-cream, and with frosting!  Oh, yeah!
As a treat for reading the whole post, I'll tell you that Experiment #2 failed miserably.  I tried a batch of brownies, but by the time the middle cooked the outside 2/3 was a chocolate cracker.  It was softer the next day and Jon said it was good dipped in milk, but seriously...only the middle 2 square inches tasted any good to me!  Luckily, I like carrot cake more than brownies.

0 comments: