My Newest Project: Growing These Awesome Peppers

Why do I love to try new things?  I don't know, but I sure am excited about this little project.  It started with some delicious little peppers that Jon's mom found.
 They are sweet, colorful, and easy to wash, eat, or cook.  They've been so yummy on pizza, plain, dipped in ranch, tossed in salads, and cut on sandwiches.  Today, while I was pulling out the seeds, I thought: "What if I could grow my own cute little peppers?"  So I saved the seeds and set them in the window to dry out.
I intend to plant them in a week or two and see if any sprout.  Part of me thinks that peppers bought in a store would have been crossed so many times that their seeds are probably not viable.  Another part of me thinks I should try anyways.  The crazy move-to-China-on-a-whim-go-rock-climbing-without-proper-gear-and-eat-cactus part of me says this is just one more fun thing to try.  Besides, I like gardening.

3 comments:

The Shepherd family October 26, 2010 at 12:23 PM  

I have done the same thing lots of times. Sometimes they work and sometimes they don't, but ya never know until ya try! If it works let us know so I can do it too! My MIL gets a kick out of it and says Jeff married a little house on the praire girl :o)

Jansen Family October 26, 2010 at 3:35 PM  

That's so cool that you've done it before! I really hope it works! Little house on the prairie girl...lol!
-Carla

Chris Jewell October 31, 2010 at 10:17 AM  

I'm glad your rock-climbing-without-a-rope side can be satisfied by trying to grow some peppers. This is much safer.