25 Days of Thanksgiving...Day 5

Today I am thankful to live in a time and place where fresh produce is available year-round.  It is easy to go to the grocery store and have so many choices of healthy, tasty foods.  Most people who have lived Earth have not had this luxury!  During the last year and a half we have seen storms that affected our produce twice--once we had a shortage of tomatoes and the other time we had a shortage of strawberries.  I was so frustrated that some of my favorite fruits (or veggies...depends on who you are!) were not available.  I should have been grateful for the huge selection that was available.  Today I am. 

2 comments:

johanna November 5, 2010 at 7:49 PM  

Following you from MBC, come visit http://www.momstreehouse.com/ and please follow back. : )

Sharon Bially November 6, 2010 at 5:36 PM  

It's so nice to see what looks like your series of posts about gratitude -- so often forgotten in this crazy, modern world. I'm glad to have discovered your blog! Lately I've been trying to keep a daily gratitude list, with just one item per day, and to tweet it. But wouldn't you know, that lasted three days and then I started forgetting. Thanks for the reminder!