More Turkeys...One Last Thanksgiving Craft!

I just had to post this before Thanksgiving arrived...actually, I'm waiting for potatoes to boil so I can mix the lefse before I go to bed.  I didn't have time to do it before the kids were asleep.  While they cook I am making blog posts.  They're like little journal entries!

These Thanksgiving Turkeys were fun and very easy.  I cut up a paper towel tube so each kid had a piece about two inches long.  I cut strips of colored foam.  The kids picked what colors they wanted the tail feathers to be and taped them to the roll.  I offered tape or glue and they all wanted to use tape.  Interesting.  Then they drew on their own faces.  This was the fanciest turkey...it's creator is also the oldest girl here today.  I love how she cut feathers, added wings, and colored in the face.  The faces on the toddlers' turkeys were all in one color!

3 comments:

nataly November 23, 2010 at 10:42 PM  

too Cute! hi follow :) http://icandyapples.blogspot.com

Alida November 23, 2010 at 11:35 PM  

how cute!! I love it!

new follower here :-)

Forgetfulone November 24, 2010 at 11:03 AM  

So fun to find another Houston blogger! What a cute little turkey! Wish my kids were little still so we could make those. They're too cool now! LOL