Quidditch World Cup

Yes, it is a kitchen broom.  But you can bet that if it flew, I would be playing Quidditch on it!  I was very entertained to find out that students at schools like Harvard and Yale joined other Harry Potter fans last weekend to play Quidditch in New York City for the fourth annual Quidditch World Cup!  The rules had to be changed a bit since their brooms didn't fly any better than mine, but the game was complete with broomsticks, hoops, seekers, chasers, and snitch runners.  Snitch runners?  Well, the snitch seemed to be a tennis ball wrapped up in a sock and "run" by someone who had it tucked in their pants!  Nerdy?  Maybe a little.  If I lived in New York, would I have attended?  Absolutely!  (Need more details?  Visit the International Quidditch Association!)

By the way, Harry Potter hits theaters again on Friday.  My kids won't be going, but sometime during the next month I will!

3 comments:

Jenilee November 15, 2010 at 10:26 PM  

Returning the follow from Six In The Nest!

Jenilee

http://6inthenest.blogspot.com

The Shepherd family November 15, 2010 at 11:24 PM  

I can't wait I know I will be seein it in the next month as well!

Casey November 16, 2010 at 3:18 PM  

Wanted to say hi and that I am now following you. Have a good day