Running Again! (Fit Mommy Returns!)

Well, Fit Mommy attempts to return!  I have to remind my body that it was only a year and a month or two ago that it ran 18 miles.  Remember!  Remember!  Remember!  I was panting like a sick dog when we went up a tiny hill near our house.  Remember!  Remember!  I want to get strong enough to easily run a half marathon again.  Harry turned six months old last week and is big enough to ride in the Schwinn jogging stroller we have.  (By the way, we LOVE this stroller and are heartbroken...okay, just really, really sad...that they discontinued the model.  I would recommend this to anyone!)  
He had a fabulous time!  So did his big sister!  She even took a turn pushing him at the end.  She was funny about her shoes...usually she likes to wear her "running shoes" when we go running, but this time she chose the little boots because she can put them on by herself. 
Jon and I both ran.  Kaia rode in the bike stroller that transforms to jogging stroller pretty easily.  Here is a picture of her riding it with her cousin. The only down-side is that Harry still isn't big enough for that...it doesn't recline at all, so if we go out, we all have to go out.  It was a lot of work to get us all out the door, but we had a great time.  

We really want to raise our kids in an active home where exercise is fun.  We're hoping that keeping (and getting!) ourselves in shape is a good way to do it.  It's working with Kaia, but she is still really young!  Luckily, they both seem to enjoy running right now!  (And hopefully those last pounds will melt away soon!)

9 comments:

Ashley November 30, 2010 at 5:29 PM  

This is inspiring! You are so right that it's important to raise kids in an active home!

Michelle December 1, 2010 at 9:45 AM  

thanks for following my blog! I'm following you now too! Hope you have a good week!

The Shepherd family December 1, 2010 at 11:46 AM  

My kids love to "exersice" after watching me doing my toneing streches. It's really cute to watch them just get down and do some crunches and leg lifts on thier own :o) Keep up the good work, give it a month or so and your body will "remember" and I'm sure it will take you less time to start to enjoy it again :o)

Zeppi December 2, 2010 at 2:08 AM  

Thanks for following Zeppi's blog!
He loooooves fans :-).
Your children are real cuties!
Charlotte
www.omillinplanet.com

Julie December 2, 2010 at 12:27 PM  

Good for you! I must say that we are not active enough in our home....you are an inspiration!

Kristina December 2, 2010 at 2:33 PM  

Hey, I love your blog. My body is also trying to remember but I think it has a touch of amnesia. I have a Schwinn jogger that I really like also. Good luck on your half marathon goal. Mine is to do a 5k. Let's cheer eachother on!

Hollie December 3, 2010 at 5:35 PM  

I just got back into running as an attempt to get rid of the babyweight I've been carrying around for 2 years. :\ I will probably die from bliss the day I complete a half marathon.

Rachael December 3, 2010 at 9:34 PM  

Last few pounds? You are skinny as I've ever known you. You look great!
But it does feel good to start exercising doesn't it?

Jansen Family December 3, 2010 at 11:47 PM  

It is nice to exercise again! Kristina, I'd love to cheer you on! (Though I noticed you're a lot faster than me!) Holly, you can do it! I remember my first half marathon vividly...I can't wait to do it again! I need to post about exercise more often--you guys are great encouragement. It's so much easier to work out when I feel accountable to people!

~Carla