Stylish Blogger Award


Yay!!  I've been awarded the Stylish Blogger Award by the great blog  Hip Chick's Guide to PMS, Pregnancy, and Babies!!  Many thanks!!  I am very happy to accept it and share some blogs I've recently discovered!

Rules for accepting this award are: 

1. Thank & link back to the person who awarded you this.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Pay it forward to 15 recently discovered great bloggers.
4. Contact those bloggers and tell them about their Blog Award!

Here are the 7 Facts About Myself:

1.  I regularly check several sites to learn about new discoveries and events in science.  I know it's so geeky, but I love knowing about what's going on and learning new things!  Did you know that the first planet to originate outside the Milky Way was recently discovered?  It's a gaseous giant like Jupiter.  The catch is that it is now in the Milky Way because some 6-billion years ago the Milky Way "cannibalized" its galaxy!  How cool is that!

2.  Ice-cream is my absolute favorite food.  There are so many flavors and varieties and ways to mix it up...it really belongs on the food pyramid!

3.  I am great with chopsticks.  I love Chinese food...and Thai, Korean, Cambodian, and Japanese food!  I learned to use chopsticks when I lived in China--eight years ago.  Now I use them whenever I can!

4.  I love mowing the lawn.  I'm sure it comes from working for my dad's lawn company when I was a teenager.  I didn't love it as much then, but it's so fun now!  I also tend to notice lawns that don't have the edges trimmed and bushes that aren't pruned.  I really cringe when it's in my yard!

5.  I am trying to get back into shape.  My baby is five months old now and I would like to fit into my pre-pregnancy jeans.  The problem is I was in excellent shape when I got pregnant:  I was preparing for my second marathon and even ran 18 miles before I found out I was pregnant.  I'm afraid I might not have the time to get into that kind of shape now.  But I'm still trying.

6.  I think my kids are the cutest, smartest, best behaved, most wonderful kids ever!  What mother doesn't?  But seriously, check out these pictures from my birthday!  I love my family!!

7.  I love to write.  Sometimes days will go by without giving me a chance to write anything.  Sometimes months will go by without anyone wanting to publish or buy my work.  I still like to write.  I have dreams of someday writing books for children.

Well, I hope you feel like you know me better!  Here are 15 blogs (in alphabetical order!) that I've recently discovered and totally love.  There are many more that I follow and would love to highlight, but I'll stick to 15! I follow them all and and hope you enjoy them too!

~Carla

Check out these blogs:

5 comments:

Sherlyn November 21, 2010 at 8:01 PM  

Thanks so much!! I will definitely share this on my blog this week :)

Nicki November 22, 2010 at 7:56 AM  

Congrats on your award!!!! yayyy!!! I took an astronomy class to meet my natural science requirement for my associates. I LOVED IT SO MUCH! If you ever have the time, I suggest taking one! Even an intro class like mine will blow you away! I am not great with chop sticks. In fact, every time I go to a Chinese restaurant, the waiter tries to teach me the proper way of holding them. Regardless, I think Chinese food tastes crappy when eaten with a fork!

Ashley November 22, 2010 at 12:53 PM  

Congratulations! And thank you soooo much for passing this to me. I really appreciate it! Xo

Anna L. Walls November 22, 2010 at 8:05 PM  

What a thrill. Thanks for the award. I'm going to have to take a rain-check on passing it on. The internet is being a butthead lately (or maybe it's only my connection), I'm working at dialup speed.

Thanks so much
Anna

Deana November 22, 2010 at 10:49 PM  

Carla, thanks so much for my award and for your as well!!!