Yay!! I've been awarded the Stylish Blogger Award by the great blog Hip Chick's Guide to PMS, Pregnancy, and Babies!! Many thanks!! I am very happy to accept it and share some blogs I've recently discovered!
Rules for accepting this award are:
1. Thank & link back to the person who awarded you this.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Pay it forward to 15 recently discovered great bloggers.
4. Contact those bloggers and tell them about their Blog Award!
1. I regularly check several sites to learn about new discoveries and events in science. I know it's so geeky, but I love knowing about what's going on and learning new things! Did you know that the first planet to originate outside the Milky Way was recently discovered? It's a gaseous giant like Jupiter. The catch is that it is now in the Milky Way because some 6-billion years ago the Milky Way "cannibalized" its galaxy! How cool is that!
2. Ice-cream is my absolute favorite food. There are so many flavors and varieties and ways to mix it up...it really belongs on the food pyramid!
3. I am great with chopsticks. I love Chinese food...and Thai, Korean, Cambodian, and Japanese food! I learned to use chopsticks when I lived in China--eight years ago. Now I use them whenever I can!
4. I love mowing the lawn. I'm sure it comes from working for my dad's lawn company when I was a teenager. I didn't love it as much then, but it's so fun now! I also tend to notice lawns that don't have the edges trimmed and bushes that aren't pruned. I really cringe when it's in my yard!
5. I am trying to get back into shape. My baby is five months old now and I would like to fit into my pre-pregnancy jeans. The problem is I was in excellent shape when I got pregnant: I was preparing for my second marathon and even ran 18 miles before I found out I was pregnant. I'm afraid I might not have the time to get into that kind of shape now. But I'm still trying.
6. I think my kids are the cutest, smartest, best behaved, most wonderful kids ever! What mother doesn't? But seriously, check out these pictures from my birthday! I love my family!!
7. I love to write. Sometimes days will go by without giving me a chance to write anything. Sometimes months will go by without anyone wanting to publish or buy my work. I still like to write. I have dreams of someday writing books for children.
Well, I hope you feel like you know me better! Here are 15 blogs (in alphabetical order!) that I've recently discovered and totally love. There are many more that I follow and would love to highlight, but I'll stick to 15! I follow them all and and hope you enjoy them too!
Check out these blogs: