Make Preschool Workbooks Last Forever

Sometimes I get an idea that I think is so great that all moms will want to use it.  This is one of those ideas.  Of course, it's probably also one that many other moms have had...I was just really happy about how it worked out for me!

It started when I came across a hidden pictures "coloring" book that had pictures of the hidden pictures.  Kaia loves finding things in pictures...and everywhere else.  A favorite car game lately is "I Spy!"  I bought the activity book.  It had a page for each letter of the alphabet (for example, a page where all the hidden pictures started with an "L") and then about 20 other themed hidden pictures.  I wanted it to last for more than one marker-through.  Plus, I watch other kiddos and thought that they might like the hidden pictures too.  I wanted more than one person to be able to work on it at a time.  To bring immortality to my activity book, I tore all the pages out and put them in sheet protectors.  The pages were perforated...that helped!  The sheet protectors went in a binder, and I let the kiddos use dry erase markers on them.  Dry-erase markers wipe off of sheet protectors.  (I learned this as a teacher...I always kept my roll inside a sheet protector.) 

So, they may not actually last FOREVER, but I will get a lot more use out of them.  The kids love using "special" markers.  I love watching.  It's perfect.

3 comments:

Ashley December 16, 2010 at 11:37 PM  

This is a fab idea!

Skye December 17, 2010 at 7:47 AM  

What a great idea... gonna try to file this one away in the memory banks for when Julianna is old enough :) !!! Great job!

Me N My Thrifty Ideas December 27, 2010 at 5:27 AM  

Awesome ideas!!