May Need Screening...Read With Care!

A strange smell wafted across the room toward me.  A funny, sweet smell--like the kind you would expect from a bag filled with rotting fruit and cream.  My baby looked up from his toys and reached for me.  He seemed to say, "Uh, Mom, I need some help here."  Could he have possibly done it again?  Sure enough, streams of bright orange poop poured from his diaper up his back and down his pants. 

This cute little 6-1/2-month old baby has sampled sweet potatoes, applesauce, carrots, and oatmeal.  His favorite dinner is about 2 ounces of carrots mixed with oatmeal.  The day after he first had it, his bowels seemed on pause.  The next day, he pooped up a fountain.  Since then, every evening that he has had carrots and oatmeal has been followed by an afternoon with The Amazing Pooping Machine. 

I thought his system would adjust, but now I think that I should just put him in a size 6 diaper every day around 11:00 am!

Is it wrong to blog about poop?  It's certainly been an adventure lately!

9 comments:

Chels December 13, 2010 at 2:44 PM  

I'm sorry! I'm laughing, but I'm sorry! Gotta love adventures with kids, right?

Skye December 13, 2010 at 3:26 PM  

lol! No, it's not wrong... we ALL go through this! I blogged about a very similar "poop fountain" myself a few months ago LOL! Such a great picture by the way!

Ashley December 13, 2010 at 4:55 PM  

Haha poop is such a big part of raising kids! Makes sense to blog about it . :)

Nicki December 14, 2010 at 8:07 AM  

Not wrong at all! I remember when my daughter got her first vaccinations and she pooped seeds (I was nursing so it looked like seeds) all down the changing table. It was actually quite impressive! What was less impressive and more scary was when she first tried sweet potatoes and yams. She vomited for 3 hours straight. In her sleep even. Just gagged and puked and dry-heaved until I thought she would die. I would give her pedialite in between each gag in hopes something would be absorbed. No more sweet potatoes for her..until a few years ago (she is almost 17 now) and she puked after having them again.

Me N My Thrifty Ideas December 14, 2010 at 2:35 PM  

LOL!! I love it! LOL!!! Im following you as well <3

Supermom December 14, 2010 at 2:37 PM  

I thought mom blogging was supposed to involve poop! HA HA!!

I'm from MBC and now following your blog.

Nice to meet you,
Michelle

Red Neck Diva December 14, 2010 at 4:04 PM  

Hello thank you for following i am from mbc.
Very sweet children. I must say my incodent involved green poop lol.
I am now following you as well. Nice to meet you
Tammy

Alicia@ Mommy Delicious December 15, 2010 at 12:04 AM  

If it's an adventure and it's most prevalent in your mind, then I say it's perfectly fine to write a post about poop. LOL. Hi there! Thanks for visiting my blog Mommy Delicious. I'm your newest follower! Yay! I love MBC for connected me with so many mommas!

I look forward to connecting with you more.
Cheers!

Jansen Family December 16, 2010 at 12:55 PM  

Thanks for all your poopin' support! It still pours once a day, but I am still hoping his system will figure it out. Right now I take a change of clothes everywhere we go--one for him and one for me! Nikki-I have wondered for years how I would know if my baby was allergic to something...I'll watch for vomit!

~Carla