Pictures Worth 1,000 Words

In addition to a great holiday, Thanksgiving 2010 was Harry's 6-month birthday.  To celebrate, we offered him sweet potatoes.  Mmmmm!  His first taste of...well, anything besides milk.  I just love the shocked and confused look babies have when they taste something new!


The day after Thanksgiving he was happily feeding himself.  The sweet potatoes were home-made.  Since then, he's tried applesauce and carrots...the carrots were store-bought.  Whenever I buy baby food I worry a little about preservatives, pesticides, and price (3 Evil P's!), but sometimes I just don't have the time to make it myself.  Maybe I should take a hint from the babies--they don't worry!  Harry has just been thrilled to join us at dinnertime.  He's been eye-ing our food for a long time!

4 comments:

Ashley December 4, 2010 at 5:36 PM  

Haha that first pic is priceless! Don't worry about a little jarred food, he's lucky to have a mama making him most of his baby food!

Skye December 5, 2010 at 5:14 PM  

Yes... the look on their face with a new food is just sooo funny and priceless for sure! Each food is a new look & face too! haha!

Jansen Family December 8, 2010 at 1:30 PM  

"Each food is a new look & face too!"
This is so true! I mashed some strawberry with his applesauce last night and he looked so shocked! It only took a second, though, before he wanted more!

~Carla

Anonymous December 14, 2010 at 12:11 PM  

The first picture is sooo funny, his face says it better than any amount of words can, lol. I am following back, thanks so much for your comments on my blog, its does my heart good since am pretty new to this! I really love your blog and I will come back and visit soon.