A Real Winter Wonderland...in Houston!

 I saw this home last week and decided we had to come back with the kids!  Two trains that ran through a snow-covered front yard, little villages, dancers, carousels,  and much more created a truly magical scene.  Both Kaia and Harry were entranced.  They would have been happy just looking, but the magic was better than that!
A child-size Thomas the Train treated youngsters to their own, personal ride!  How cool!  Kaia was delighted!  They passed out candy and even had stuffed animals for parents of babies--they were raising awareness of the dangers of leaving babies in cars by themselves!  The truly amazing thing about this is that it wasn't some organization or fundraiser.  It was just one family's way of sharing the Christmas spirit with their community. 
We will definitely be visiting them again next year (though Kaia will have passed the 35 pound limit on the train by then!).  I thought it was so kind of them to open their home and lives up to everyone in the neighborhood--and everyone who happened to hear about their awesome yard.  What places do you like to visit at Christmastime?  Do you have any that  you see every year?  We like to go to our church's Nativity Exhibit, but I'll post about that on another day.  I think this home might be a new yearly visit too!

5 comments:

Ashley December 17, 2010 at 12:24 PM  

WOW how neat!

Skye December 17, 2010 at 3:27 PM  

That is very cool. It always makes me smile and warms my heart to hear about such selfless people - people who think about others before themselves. I love it.

Our favorite place - a little different than yours... we go to the Rockafeller Tree in NYC... I would say we go there every year (well except this year, it just didn't work into the schedule!)... Next year, We'll bring Julianna to Little Italy and then the Tree. In Little Italy, at our favorite Restaurant (La Mela), the old italian men walk around singing CHristmas Carols and serenading each table ... It's such a fun night & holiday tradition!

parentwin December 17, 2010 at 9:03 PM  

A great post and a great display. Just what I needed to keep me in the holiday spirit!

I'm going to link this on my FB fan page, if you don't mind...

If you do, please msg. me and I'll take it down, right away.

Thanks!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Tales-of-an-Unlikely-Mother/111192445610485

Jansen Family December 18, 2010 at 1:59 PM  

Skye--La Mela sounds like a ton of fun!

Parentwin--thanks for linking!

~Carla

Mayra Calvani December 19, 2010 at 12:31 PM  

Thanks for sharing these lovely pictures. I love the Christmas lights.
Happy Holidays!
Mayra