My solution was to use it to teach the kiddos a few Spanish phrases. Kaia already likes Spanish because Dora and Diego are so cool. A little more Spanish can only be good! Plus, it's good practice for me.
So, these are the phrases I'm starting with:
- Pon (Pongan) los bloques en la bolsa. (Put the blocks in the bag.)
- Pon (Pongan) los bloques en el cubo. (Put the blocks in the bucket.)
- Pon (Pongan) los bloques suaves en el cajón. (Put the soft blocks in the drawer.)
- Pon (Pongan) la pelota en el cubo. (Put the ball in the bucket.)
- Recoge (Recojan) una pelota. Ponlo (Ponganlo) en el cubo. (Pick up a ball. Put it in the bucket.)
Obviously, the sentences can be mixed up and rearranged. I put "Pon (Pongan)" to show how the sentence changes if I am talking to one child (Pon) or two or more children (Pongan).
This has been a lot of fun--for me and the kids! A little while ago Kaia said to Jon, "Daddy! Do you know how to say 'bucket' in Spanish?" And she told him right! Of course, Jon already knew but I still enjoyed listening to her tell him! And I feel like I am using our "clean-up" time so much better!