30 Minute Homemade Pizza


Actually, if your toppings are ready and your kids don't interrupt, this can go in the oven in about 20 minutes.  It's very fast, easy, and absolutely delicious.  Even though it mixes up fast, it still rises in the oven. You can make an even thicker crust by using a smaller pan.  Plan on about 13 minutes to cook.  Inspired by a recipe on MoneySavingMom.com, I've created this little beauty, and I'm recommending it to everyone!

Ingredients:

3 Tbsp active dry yeast
3 cups warm water
1 Tbsp sugar
1 Tbsp salt
6  Tbsp. vegetable oil
 7 1/2 cups flour

Steps:

1.  Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
2.  Pour the yeast and sugar in the water.  Let it rest for 5-10 minutes.  This is a good time to prepare the sauce or toppings. 
3.  Add the salt, oil, and flour.  Knead well for about 5 minutes.  You want a smooth ball.  The dough will be sticky.  Let it rest for about 5-10 minutes.  Here's another good chance to finish the toppings and grease your pans (3 large, 10" X 13"cookie sheets)! 
4. Divide the dough into thirds.  Press 1/3 into a cookie sheet.  Use your hands to spread it out--it doesn't even need rolling!  Put the other two thirds into two gallon-size freezer baggies and save them for another day. 
5.  Add cheese and toppings.  See ideas below.
6.  Bake for about 13 minutes.

Easy and yummy toppings:  
1-barbecue sauce on whole pizza, chicken on whole pizza (a cooked breast or canned chicken works fine), onion slices on half, pineapple on other half, sharp cheddar cheese
2-canned pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese, pepperonis 

11 comments:

Joshlin January 19, 2011 at 5:16 PM  

I love pizza and make my own too. This one looks sooo good! I do have a question for you. When I make my crust I let it rise once. I see you didn't do this. Did it rise in the oven? Or do you get a thin crust this way?

Jansen Family January 19, 2011 at 5:42 PM  

Hi Joshlin,

It actually rises in the oven. I've done it on a large cookie sheet (like in the picture) and in a 9 x 13 inch pan. The crust in the picture was our preferred thickness and texture, but the crust in the smaller pan rose to somewhere between 1/2 and 1 inch thick. It's fun because I've always let my crusts rise in the past too, but this cuts down the time needed...by a lot! You could also turn the heat down to about 400-425 and let it cook longer...it will rise even more. Let me know how it works for you!

~Carla

Joshlin January 19, 2011 at 7:36 PM  

Thanks! I will try it soon and let you know what happened! I have homemade pizza on my meal list comming up next week!

Joshlin January 19, 2011 at 7:36 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alicia@ Mommy Delicious January 19, 2011 at 10:40 PM  

This sounds super yummy. I'm gonna have to try it one weekend when I'm tempted to buy pizza instead of cooking for my son and me. LOL. At least with this recipe, I could use healthy options.

Jansen Family January 20, 2011 at 8:07 AM  

I love controlling the ingredients...it makes me feel so good about serving pizza!

~Carla

laughwithusblog January 20, 2011 at 1:35 PM  

This looks yummy! I always throw the ingredients for the dough in the bread maker. I suppose I'm lazy! :)

Unlikely Origins January 20, 2011 at 8:17 PM  

Hey, thanks for stopping by Unlikely Origins! (I'm replying to your comment there, too, but I don't know if you'll get the notification or not. I'm awful about remembering to check the box!)

I just followed you on google here, too! I love your header with the toddler toes, and that pizza looks amazing.

(Huh. Does that sound creepy? "Hi, let's be friends. I like your childrens feet and your dinner."

Sigh. Anyway. Looking forward to reading more!

Karinya @ Unlikely Origins
www.unlikelyorigins.blogspot.com

Jansen Family January 21, 2011 at 8:47 AM  

Haha Karinya..I think if you look at it just right, most of blogging can be creepy. ;) Anyway, thanks for visiting--hopefully I don't creep you out too much!

Esther, that's not lazy...that's efficient!

~Carla

Kristina Ruth January 26, 2011 at 3:57 PM  

That looks so good. I will have to try it!

Jansen Family January 26, 2011 at 5:37 PM  

Kristina, I'm sure you'll love it! It's one of my favorites!

~Carla