Actually, if your toppings are ready and your kids don't interrupt, this can go in the oven in about 20 minutes. It's very fast, easy, and absolutely delicious. Even though it mixes up fast, it still rises in the oven. You can make an even thicker crust by using a smaller pan. Plan on about 13 minutes to cook. Inspired by a recipe on MoneySavingMom.com, I've created this little beauty, and I'm recommending it to everyone!
3 Tbsp active dry yeast
3 cups warm water
1 Tbsp sugar
1 Tbsp salt
6 Tbsp. vegetable oil
7 1/2 cups flour
1. Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
2. Pour the yeast and sugar in the water. Let it rest for 5-10 minutes. This is a good time to prepare the sauce or toppings.
3. Add the salt, oil, and flour. Knead well for about 5 minutes. You want a smooth ball. The dough will be sticky. Let it rest for about 5-10 minutes. Here's another good chance to finish the toppings and grease your pans (3 large, 10" X 13"cookie sheets)!
4. Divide the dough into thirds. Press 1/3 into a cookie sheet. Use your hands to spread it out--it doesn't even need rolling! Put the other two thirds into two gallon-size freezer baggies and save them for another day.
5. Add cheese and toppings. See ideas below.
6. Bake for about 13 minutes.
Easy and yummy toppings:
1-barbecue sauce on whole pizza, chicken on whole pizza (a cooked breast or canned chicken works fine), onion slices on half, pineapple on other half, sharp cheddar cheese
2-canned pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese, pepperonis