Battle Of Wills

Battle of Wills 

The lines are drawn,
The sides are clear,
The reasons have all run,

You want it one way,
I say another,
The Battle of Wills has begun.

No raging fire,
No tempest wild,
No howling wind with might,

No screaming beast,
Or monster fabled
Could put up half your fight.

You don’t speak my language
Yet you know so well
Exactly what I aim.

If only you knew
Nearly as well
The war you wage is vain.

Between your attacks,
As you round up
Energy you hid,

I stealthily notice
Each furious,
But drooping lid.

Your screams rebound,
The battle roars in
Thunderous din!

Abruptly, the war stops.
It seems, today,
I win.

--Carla Jansen, January 2011


I love you, Harry.

4 comments:

Skye January 5, 2011 at 3:15 PM  

Sleeping baby pics are the best. Well said. You are quite the poet! :)

The Shepherd family January 6, 2011 at 11:02 AM  

Love it! (all of it) ;o)

Skye January 6, 2011 at 2:59 PM  

Hi Carla -
p.s.
I left something for you on my blog ... http://www.juliannabelle.com/2011/01/my-award.html

Jansen Family January 11, 2011 at 10:28 AM  

Skye, Thanks so much! I'll comment on your blog in just a minute!

Aliesha, I hope your little guys have outgrown this stage!

~Carla