Children's Book Review: Frederico, the Mouse Violinist

Frederico, the Mouse Violinist is a delightful children's book that I am happy to recommend.  It shares the  adventures of Frederico, who watches the famous luthier Stradivari craft great violins.  At night, the little mouse sneaks into the shop and tries to play a violin.  What happens when Stradivari sees him?  You'll have to read it to find out!

My daughter, almost four, loved the story.  She has already asked to have it re-read many times.  She also enjoyed the matching activity at the end of the book.  The suggested audience are kids ages 4-8.  Mayra Calvani has written a charming and educational book sure to be popular in family libraries and on teachers' shelves.  Not only is the story lovable, but it teaches major parts of a violin and a little Strad history.  The illustrations, by K.C. Snider, are compelling and complement the educational aspect of the story beautifully.

I'd like to thank Mayra Calvani for providing an ebook version of this book for me to review.  I thoroughly enjoyed it!  This book is available in hardcover, softcover, or as an ebook.  To learn more about Mayra Calvani, including other books she's written, visit her at Mayra's Secret Bookcase.  I was not paid for this review and all opinions are my own!

3 comments:

Mayra Calvani January 3, 2011 at 3:39 PM  

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! I'm so happy to know that your daughter loved it!
best,
Mayra

parenting ad absurdum January 3, 2011 at 10:52 PM  

Adorable!! I love it already and will look out for it. What a great cover.

Jansen Family January 11, 2011 at 10:26 AM  

Thanks again, Mayra, it really was a wonderful book!

Peryl, I'm sure you'll love it!

~Carla