Creamy Garlic White Sauce Recipe

Oh, so yummy!  So I made the most delicious garlic sauce and had to write it down...partly to share it and partly so I could remember what I put in it.  All the measurements are approximate...I wasn't planning on writing a recipe, but I loved the result.  Thick and creamy white sauces over pasta are some of my favorite foods...especially when they come with garlic!  Have fun...experiment with this one! 

1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup flour
2 + cups milk
garlic powder
onion powder
dried parsley
dried oregano
salt
pepper
can of chicken
1 Tablespoon chicken bullion
about 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar

Melt the butter in a saucepan and stir in the flour until it is creamy.  Add the milk.  Add more milk as you cook the sauce if it gets too thick.  Add garlic, onion, parsley, oregano, salt, and pepper to taste.  I did about a teaspoon of the garlic, onion, parsley, and oregano, and about half a teaspoon of the salt and pepper.  Add the vinegar, chicken, and bullion.  Let it simmer, stirring occasionally, for about ten minutes.  I served it over pasta and broccoli and loved it! 

1 comments:

Genny January 14, 2011 at 2:41 PM  

I love garlic; this sounds wonderful! Thanks for posting it!

Hugs,
Genny