The Simple Things

Sometimes we get so busy with important things we forget the simple things.  I had a few reminders of how wonderful the simple things can be during the last month.  

This was one of my favorite moments from Christmas break.  And it lasted over an hour.

A blanket, two happy kids, the man I love, a few toys, and lots of sunshine.  Really, what more do we need?

It was like we just stilled time for a moment.  A camera could only seize it so well, but I tried!






 




Such a beautiful December afternoon!  And even though the kids had colds, they were perfectly happy to spend a simple and relaxed hour together.  I need to make time for moments like this more often.

2 comments:

Skye January 18, 2011 at 3:12 PM  

Sometimes it seems surreal (sp?) during those times when it's happening b/c it's such the perfect moment in time! Don't you wish they could last forever?! I guess we wouldn't appreciate them as much if they did. Look at the happiness in those pictures! Makes me smile! :)

Jansen Family January 19, 2011 at 2:34 PM  

Yes, surreal is a good way to describe it--it's good to remember those moments when everyone isn't feeling quite so cheerful! ;)

Carla