A Day in the Life of...Moi!

Today I'm getting ready to link up with Tales of an Unlikely Mother for her Day In The Life (DITL) on February 21st.  My little day was yesterday.  I thought it was funny that on a day when I decide to document everything, there were several normal things that usually happen that we didn't do.  Our weather seems to have finally made a turn for Spring here in Houston.  After two weeks of nasty cold winterness, this has been a welcome change!  We spent much more of our time outside than we have in weeks!  And, of course, there were things I didn't get to capture in a picture.  Ah, such is life.  At any rate, you can see us in our regular activities yesterday.  I considered giving you a schedule, but decided to settle for occasional captions.  I can't wait to see other DITLs!  
"Rarrrrr!" from the Lion in Wizard of Oz.
Breakfast
"Oh!  I get it!  When I put the ball in here, it comes out over here!"
 


 
"Boo!"
 
Guarding the castle.

A princess in the castle!  Castles were quite the theme today.
A present.
 
 
Mischievous, but cute.
 


Ah, nap time.
Yes, we went outside again in the afternoon.
Did I delete the picture of the dirty dishes for you?  How nice am I!
Yes, the kids are asleep again.

9 comments:

parentwin February 18, 2011 at 2:56 PM  

Great post! How you do it with all those little ones is amazing!

Diana Smith February 18, 2011 at 5:36 PM  

What a cute family you have! Your day looks super busy and very familiar minus some children!!

The Smith Circle

Ashley February 18, 2011 at 7:58 PM  

Your day looks familiar, just with different kids. :) xo Very cute!

Jansen Family February 19, 2011 at 12:35 AM  

Parent twin, I'm so glad you started the DITL...it was fun!

Diana and Ashley, It seems like when you're with kids all day, you WILL do certain things...it doesn't really matter if there's one toddler or three! Ashley--I think your kids are almost the exact same age as mine! ;)

~Carla

Jenn February 19, 2011 at 11:26 AM  

Aww! Look at all your babies :) I love all the pictures. Thanks for the comment on my blog about my little bundle of joy! I'm going to write a post about my birth story today before I forget all the details!

Nan February 20, 2011 at 1:06 PM  

Great job on your DITL! I'll have to try that sometime....though it has to be a weekend now that I've got one in kindergarten! ;)

Jansen Family February 20, 2011 at 4:54 PM  

Jenn, Congratulations! and good luck with those first few months! It is important to write down the stories...it's amazing how fast we forget details.

Thanks, Nan! It was a lot of fun. It's interesting to think how three or four years can totally change the make-up of our days! I'd love to read a weekend DITL from you!

Carla

The Mahan Clan February 22, 2011 at 9:12 AM  

Carla, what a cute DITL post! Thank you for commenting on my page :)

You little ones are absolutely precious and I know they keep you so busy. My one keeps me super busy, so I'm not sure how you do it! Great blog!
*Elizabeth

Jansen Family February 22, 2011 at 11:27 AM  

Thanks Elizabeth! Busy is the word!

Carla