Look Who's Walking Now!

I knew he would walk early, but I didn't expect this to happen so soon!  

Remember this little guy turned eight months old about a week ago!  He has been wanting to walk for months.  Last week, on Tuesday, I was sitting on the treadmill getting him dressed after his bath.  When I stood him up, he saw the safety clip hanging a few feet away from him.  He let go of my hands and took five steps to grab the clip!  No hands!  No walls! No help!  Super exciting, very big, monumental skill--his first steps!  I hardly knew what to say, so I took him away from the clip and gave him a hug! 

Since then he's only walked all by himself twice...both times were very short.  But, he loves "cruising" and is very efficient at crawling.  If he wants something that doesn't have a wall near it, he will crawl to it pretty quickly.  

I'm going to try to upload a video...wish me luck!

8 comments:

Ashley February 6, 2011 at 7:48 PM  

So cute! I'd love to see a video. I think new walkers are the cutest thing EVER! Mia has been walking for over a month and still looks like a little drunken sailor which I love. :) I hope she doesn't figure out how to do it properly any time soon.

Annette February 6, 2011 at 11:13 PM  

Thank you for your very sweet comments on my blog. I'm happily following you back! Your little guy is just adorable! Walking at eight months--that is super early. My little guy didn't start walking until 14 months. It sounds like the fun is about to begin! :)

The Shepherd family February 7, 2011 at 1:28 PM  

Marian did the same thing but around 9 months :o) Congrats! It's always so much fun when they get mobile! I love it! :o)

Jansen Family February 7, 2011 at 8:08 PM  

Ashley, I agree--that "drunken sailor" walk is priceless!

Annette, I'm excited to get to know you better!

Aliesha, maybe it's a second child thing? It amazes me how badly he wants to run with Kaia...it's so obviously important to him!

~Carla

Skye February 8, 2011 at 1:44 PM  

WOw that is so awesome! :) I am jealous - I want Julianna to walk LOL. I agree - I would love to see a video - new baby walk is so cute!

Rachael February 8, 2011 at 8:14 PM  

Unbelievable! He is such a cutie. His expression says it all :) Congrats.

Jansen Family February 9, 2011 at 3:37 PM  

Skye, I've been trying to post a video for two days...either Blogger is mad at me or there's something un-postable about my video. Another day, another video!

Rachael, he has the most expressive looks...it's like he's talking! Sometimes he lets go of everything and starts to shake his hands like, "Look everyone! No hands!!"

~Carla

Carolyn February 18, 2011 at 11:24 AM  

I love this picture! My grandson is so adorable! I'm so lucky to have Carla for a daughter!!!!! ;)