Valentine's Cards for Kids

Inspired by Disney, we made these cards yesterday for the kids' parents.  The text at the top says "i wanna hold your hand."  I traced the hands in pencil, then with the permanent marker.  The kids decorated the cards with markers and stickers.  Kaia especially loved the stickers and the exclamation mark after hand!  I loved that this project was a hit for kids 21 - 42 months old!  One little boy finished and, as he showed me, announced, "Present.  Mama!"

I have a post farther down for Valentine puppets and will be putting more ideas up next week.  I also love the linky at Tots and Me--she has lots of great Valentine ideas.  Check them out at http://totsandme.blogspot.com/2011/02/valentines-activities-link-up.html 

9 comments:

WokInTime February 13, 2011 at 2:16 PM  

Great idea! My daughter and I haven't made our card for daddy yet. I'm going to use this one thanks!

Sofia's Ideas February 13, 2011 at 2:34 PM  

How fun! I love projects that the little ones actually do for themselves, rather than the ones that adults have to prepare and the kids just assemble. You can always tell the difference! :)

The White Whimsies February 13, 2011 at 6:14 PM  

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and the encouraging words. I am following yours now as well. Have a great night!

Nan February 13, 2011 at 8:23 PM  

Oh, I'll have to steal that idea for next year! Following back!

Diana Smith February 13, 2011 at 9:32 PM  

What a cute thing! I wanna hold your hand!! That precious!

Jansen Family February 13, 2011 at 10:27 PM  

WokIn TIme, I'm so glad you'll be able to use it!!!

Sophie, I agree...I love to let the kiddos actually put their own touch on things!

White Whimsies, I had a great time visiting your blog and look forward to getting to know you better!

Nan, I've thought about making a huge file folder for monthly ideas that I get online. So often I find something that I want to use next year and I think, "I could just put this in a folder and pull out...say, the February folder...and see what I wanted!" I just need to do it still! ;)

Thanks, Diana! I think the kids' hands are what really make it precious...who can resist their own toddler or preschooler's hand? I love it!

Ashley February 13, 2011 at 11:31 PM  

So adorable!

Genny February 14, 2011 at 10:21 PM  

How fun! You are really creative. I am sure those will be great memories for the kids! :)

Jansen Family February 15, 2011 at 7:26 PM  

They did have a lot of fun with them...they loved seeing their hand "come alive" when I darkened it with the marker!

~Carla