Brownie Brilliance

 
If microwaves offend you, don't read this post.  
If microwaves don't offend you... I think this is brilliant!  

There are lots of recipes in the blogging world for cakes cooked in a mug in the microwave.  We found one we liked (I have to give some credit to my husband for this idea!) and created our own Brownie Mix.  Here's the directions:

Brownie Mix Brilliance

1.  Line up as many baggies as you'd like to pre-mix (each baggie makes one large brownie) and then add one large mug to the line.  You have to make one for immediate consumption, after all!

2.  Place the following in each baggie and the mug:
* 1/4 cup flour
* 1/4 cup sugar
*  2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa
* pinch of salt
* about 1/4 cup chocolate chips

3.  Label each baggie with the following:
  "Add 2 Tbsp oil, 2 Tbsp water, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla."  

4.  To cook the brownies, pour the baggie into a mug.  Add the ingredients in step three.  Make sure everything is mixed together thoroughly.  Cook in the microwave for about 1 1/2 minutes.  It should be soft and chewy.  I like to add a scoop of ice-cream and eat it warm.  Mmmmm, yummy!  I hope you like it as much as I do!

The really great part is that when we have "mini-dates" we can whip up some brownies in about 2 minutes.  Sweet!

7 comments:

Mamma Rhino March 5, 2011 at 8:10 PM  

That is pretty darn cool. It would work as portion control too.

Jansen Family March 6, 2011 at 11:00 AM  

Portion control is a great point! I hadn't even thought of it, but if I make a whole pan I usually eat most of them within two days. This way, there are no seconds!

Carla

Nicki March 6, 2011 at 1:14 PM  

My aunt sent me that recipe in an email and I wanted to die! I may have blogged about it but now I am not sure. Either way, it was soooooo awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!

Diana Smith March 6, 2011 at 5:08 PM  

what an awesome idea!!

Jansen Family March 6, 2011 at 7:28 PM  

Yeah, I LOVE microwave brownies! And now, after pre-mixing the dry ingredients, it's even faster!

Carla

Alicia@ Mommy Delicious March 6, 2011 at 8:43 PM  

This seems really cool. I'm going to try it -- hopefully mine comes out as yummy looking as yours.

Jansen Family March 7, 2011 at 1:25 PM  

Have fun with that, Alicia! I'm sure it will be delicious! I am so loving it!

Carla