Not only is he bright-eyed, friendly, and super skilled, but he is pretty smart too! And this weekend he turned 10 months old! I thought I'd celebrate by sharing some of his favorite games.
Here are some of the games I most love to play with him:
* Peek-a-boo. He will hide behind a window on one of the toys and wait for me to say, "Where's Harry?" After I say it, he pops out the window and laughs. We could play this for hours! He also will cover his face with a book or blanket and wait for me to say, "Where's Harry?" only to pop out laughing afterward. Today he even started playing Peek-a-boo with a curtain!
* Cars (or Trucks or Trains...). He' such a little boy. He will drive a car or truck and make "Vroom Vroom" growls! I think it is so extremely cute!
* Blocks. He LOVES to build with the blocks...just like the other kids! Usually his idea of building involves a lot of crashing, but he does try really hard to stack one Mega-block onto a tower, building, castle, or even just another Mega-block. He is so pleased with himself when it sticks!
* Containers. He gets such a thrill out of putting objects inside containers and pulling them out. It might be balls in a bucket, markers in a can, blocks in a bucket, or toys in a drawer. He just loves putting them in and taking them out.
* Doors. Closet door, bathroom door, bedroom door, toy truck door, toy fridge door. It really doesn't matter what type of door...he loves to open and close them.
*Catch Me! Okay, he might like this one more than me, but I sure love hearing him squeal with laughter when I chase (and catch) him when he is walking as fast as possible towards something he shouldn't! It's usually a bathroom door that someone forgot to close or another child taking a nap!
And, of course, these are a few games I'd rather he not play, but he just loves them:
* Eat everything in sight. This includes toys, food, dirt, and anything else he can sneak in there when I'm not looking.
* Mud. Dirt. He seems so at home in a pile of dirt...it's almost scary!
* Kitchen Work. I'm not sure if he feels like he is helping or if he thinks it is so extremely fun, but he loves to sweep and do dishes!
We just love this little guy and are so happy he's part of our family.