I'm calling it Bok Choy Beauty. Anything that is so delicious and takes under 20 minutes to prepare is beautiful. Kaia called a lot of the shots on this one...she saw the bok choy and wanted to buy it. I thought, "It's supposed to be anti-cancer and full of healthy goodness, so why not?" When we were on the canned veggie isle she announced that the little corn was her favorite, so we picked that up too. By that point I was getting a vision of dinner.
Bok Choy Beauty
1/2 a large head of bok choy
1 can of little corn
1/2-1 pound of cooked sausage*
1 can of coconut milk
about 1 teaspoon Thai green curry paste
about 4 chopped Roma tomatoes
1. Start the rice right away so it will be done when the curry is ready.
2. Pour the coconut milk in a large frying pan and turn the heat to medium-high.
3. Stir the curry paste into a few tablespoons of cool water. Once it dissolves, pour it into the pan.
4. Chop bok choy.
5. Add sausage and corn to pan. Once pan is boiling, add bok choy. 2-3 minutes later, add tomatoes.
6. Let everything simmer together uncovered for a few minutes. You don't want the veggies to disappear because you overcook them.
7. Serve over rice! If you didn't salt the rice, you may want to add salt. Oh yes...it's very good, especially if you like Thai-ish food!
*Brilliant idea for fast dinners: Cook 2-5 pounds of meat (fresh sausage, ground turkey/beef, etc) at the beginning of the week. Divide it into 1/2-1 pound portions and store it in freezer baggies in the freezer. It makes cooking all week much faster!