My First Smoothie (with recipe)

I made my first smoothie this morning!  It was a huge hit!  My husband introduced me to the idea of making fruit juices and smoothies from scratch about five years ago, but I never actually did it without his expert guidance...until now!  I am happy to announce that it was easier than I expected.  It helped that the kids loved it.  And the best part...I didn't even use a recipe!  But it was so strait-forward that I'm giving you all my "recipe."  If you haven't done this before, you will be amazed at how simple and fast it mixes up!

My First Smoothie

1.  Put 1 1/2 cups frozen fruit into your blender.  I used a mixed pineapple, mango, strawberry, and peach package.
2.  Add whole organic milk up to the 4 cup line on the blender.
3.  Add about 2 1/2 tablespoons sugar.
4.  Blend until it is a thick liquid.  If your blender needs more liquid you can add more milk.  
That's it!  Mmmmm.  The kids even dipped their bread in it!  It was so fun to mix up and eat...we will definitely be doing it again...and with loads of variations.  Next time I will also use less sugar...I was trying to hurry today and should have started with about half as much, tested it, and then added more if needed.  As it was, it tasted delicious.  I just think I can get away with a little less. Still, I'd call it a success!
Check out that Smoothie 'Stache!

4 comments:

laughwithusblog April 1, 2011 at 3:46 PM  

My husband makes smoothies for us on a regular basis. He uses frozen fruit, Vanilla Greek Yogurt and a little maple syrup.

Jansen Family April 2, 2011 at 6:41 PM  

Mmmm...I'll have to try yogurt and maple. That sounds delicious!

Carla

parentwin April 5, 2011 at 9:47 AM  

I've really been enjoying your blog! I've given you the Versatile Blogger Award. Thanks for brightening my day so often.

http://parentwin.blogspot.com/2011/04/versatile-award.html

Jansen Family April 5, 2011 at 9:38 PM  

Thanks Parentwin! I always love visiting your blog too!

Carla