Simply Kites

Last week the kids taught me one of the secrets of youth.  It started when they wanted to make kites.
I started talking about patterns and folding and frames and Kaia just said, "No, Mommy.  I can make it!  I just need a white piece of paper."  

So I gave her and her friends each a white sheet of paper.  Then I waited.  They colored.  They cut.  They taped.  I didn't even help.  Soon they each had a paper-yarn kite.  Kaia's was a "Rainbow Kite."

It turns out that wind blows paper-yarn kites just as well as any other kite, especially if you run.  
The Secret of Youth?  Life is sweet.  Keep it simple.



2 comments:

Skye March 16, 2011 at 2:07 PM  

It's true. Kids know simple. They know simple works. That's what make them so smart! LOL. Adults tend to over think everything & complicate it... b/c that's our nature. Good post. Simple :)

Jansen Family March 16, 2011 at 9:26 PM  

We really do complicate our lives more than necessary! lol. Kids are great for simple reminders. ;)

Carla