11 Months Old and Taking on the World

Harry is now 11 months old, and despite all the many things I need to post about (including Easter, Kaia, and much more!) I absolutely have to take a moment to highlight this little guy before he stops being a baby and becomes a big boy!  I'm starting to wonder if I'm already too late.

Do babies chase their sisters around the house or rock out on stage with them?  This guy and his sister can put out a 120-decibel performance while dancing on the treadmill.  No exaggeration!  
Do babies drive their own cars?  Harry climbed onto a toy car today by himself for the first time.  Even more impressively, he climbed off too!

Do babies feed themselves?  Okay, I'll admit this is extremely messy, but it sure is cute!  I wipe a lot of food off his face and off the floor each time it happens, but he is so pleased to put his own food in his mouth.  (No, he still doesn't have any teeth.  Not one!)

Do babies feed other people?  He thinks putting crackers in my mouth is about as funny as an elephant dancing, and he can do it over and over and over...

Do babies clean?  Harry will copy everyone else by putting toys in their buckets...for about fifteen seconds.  Then he happily dumps the bucket out again!  He also likes to sweep and do dishes.

Do babies know sign language?  This little guy will wave, give "five," clap, lift his arms for "up," and do the sign for "more."  Of course, it's never "on-demand."

Do babies play jokes?  Harry has such a sense of humor!  Yesterday, my brother visited us.  Harry walked down the hall, looked at me, touched my brother's luggage with one little outstretched finger, and then ran back laughing so hard he almost lost his balance!  He also thinks it's hilarious to race me to the trash can or bathroom.  Yikes!

Do babies insist on going outside every time anyone in the house does?  or know that shoes mean outdoors?  Do babies like to visit new places?  or play in showers?  or in the mud?  or stacking blocks?  My "baby" sure does.

On the other hand, do big kids put every thing possible in their mouths?  Even more importantly, do big kids think their mommy is the absolute most wonderful, caring, perfect, infallible, source of love, inspiration, and confidence ever?  Yeah, that's what I thought.  So, I'll just snuggle my baby a bit longer...while he's still a baby.


7 comments:

Skye April 27, 2011 at 7:49 PM  

Yay for HaRRY ... so far ahead of 'the others' - I still can't beleive he is walking - wow! And all the other stuff you mentioned... look out, he is going to be in college at age 10 LOL :)

Jansen Family April 28, 2011 at 8:10 AM  

College at 10...lol! All babies have their "things" that they do early and their "things" that they wait on...it all seems to level out later on! I just want a "pause" button sometimes on all that growing!

Carla

The Shepherd family April 28, 2011 at 10:09 AM  

It's so fun to watch them grow, and sad at the same time. I keep looking at Dani thinking the same thing. Where did my baby go? Some days I love it and other times I am sad that she is the last. All you can do is cherish the time you have. Good luck :o)

Char April 28, 2011 at 7:21 PM  

I saw your comment of mom bloggers preschool page about science class for preschoolers. Great idea. Keep me posted. I am now following you. www.funfrugalmommy.blogspot.com

Jansen Family April 29, 2011 at 8:29 AM  

Aliesha, I feel the same way (except that I hope Harry's not our last)! ;)

Char, I'm so glad you're interested! I will post updates on the mom bloggers preschool page and here on my blog about once a week in May. The class will start in June. Yay!

Carla

laughwithusblog April 29, 2011 at 1:27 PM  

A thoroughly fun read! My baby is two and a half. Time flies!

Jansen Family April 29, 2011 at 7:00 PM  

Esther, I feel like my "other baby" is four!

Carla