Things That Last Forever

Some things seem to last forever.  Pregnancy.  Colds.  Summer when you're six years old.  Dishes when you're eleven.  Christmas Eve when you know all you have to do is fall asleep.  Forever can be good or bad.  I never thought I would include these awesome balloons in a list of things that lasted forever.
 They really were amazing.  The kids shook them, squished them, colored on them, rattled them, and rode them.  Yes, rode them like a pony.  It looked so fun I wanted to try, but I was sure they wouldn't last forever if I sat on them! 
 Jon brought them home for Valentine's Day.  Everyone has loved them for the last two months.  These balloons were loved even when they were only half full of air and couldn't float.  I almost felt guilty when I snipped the last bit of air out of them and sent them on to their next lives in the "round file." 
Don't tell the kids.  They haven't asked about them yet.  Sometimes forever goes by very fast.

5 comments:

Christy Lee April 14, 2011 at 10:14 PM  

Forever does go by very fast, doesn't it? I love your blog so I've decided to "honor" you with the Versatile Blogger Award. Check out the post tomorrow at http://www.insanityisnotanoption.com and hopefully you will pass on the love and sparkles!

Skye April 15, 2011 at 3:09 PM  

Sooo true about the forever thing. I didn't know balloons could last forever lol almost.

Jansen Family April 16, 2011 at 7:32 AM  

Thanks Christy!

Skye, It was news to me!

Carla

laughwithusblog April 16, 2011 at 5:40 PM  

I'll add a husband getting his masters to that forever list! lol At least you kind of feel like you got your money's worth on those balloons!

Jansen Family April 16, 2011 at 10:08 PM  

Lol...the balloons were definitely worth the money! Maybe someday the masters degree will be too!

Carla