We HAD to go to the Petting Zoo


I love visiting the zoo.  I do not love visiting petting zoos.  Houston Zoo has a petting zoo inside the "Children's Zoo."  I am usually successful at distracting my kiddos before they notice the petting zoo.  This morning, though, Kaia really wanted to go "clean" the animals.  There are brushes for the kids to use with the animals.  


Kaia's old enough now that it is not so very stressful for me to let her pet and brush the animals.  Actually, I think it is really cute to watch her interact with the goats and sheep.  In fact, I think it's really good for her.

Harry, on the other hand, I wanted to just hold the whole time.  I didn't want him to play in the dirty dirt, gum the germy brushes, and climb on the animals.  I wanted him to hold still in my arms while Kaia played.  Yeah.  He wasn't going to have any of that!


They did actually pet animals besides this particular goat, but she was very calm and happy to hang out with the kids.  She made me want a pet goat.  


All things considered, Harry behaved himself pretty well, and I washed his hands thoroughly when we were done.  Kaia washed her hands too. 

2 comments:

Ashley June 11, 2011 at 4:09 PM  

Despite being dirty and gross, petting zoos are so neat for the kiddos! Cute pics, glad you had fun!

Jansen Family June 12, 2011 at 9:17 PM  

It's true...they just love them! And there was something really sweet about that big goat just happily letting all those kids love on him!

Carla