You're 1 Year Old--Happy Birthday!!


Happy, Happy Birthday Harry!!

I wanted to put up about 50 pictures, but decided on this photo-journal style instead.  I really like how it's turning out!

Bubbles and Harry have been great friends during the last few weeks.  He's seen us blowing a lot, so when we let him "practice" blowing out the lighter, he embraced it like a pro.  Check out his awesome candle blowing action!



Kaia played a huge role in the cake's design.  She thought it was particularly important to have a colorful edge and have the track trace the border of the cake.  

Harry is such a little boy!  He will take cars and trucks and drive them all over the house, making "vrooom, vrooom" noises!  Cars and truck cakes seemed perfect.  When we set the big cake in front of him he leaned toward it and said, "Woooow!"


This is Harry's first experience with cake and frosting.  I loved watching him taste it, decide that he liked it, and then dig in. 


Where did that fork come from?  He still managed to get plenty messy!



Harry loved the attention!  During the birthday song, he threw his head back and just smiled and laughed.  He knew it was all about him!


Grandma brought a couple presents earlier in the day...


...and then he was showered with gifts before he finished getting cleaned up from the cake!  Kaia picked out the blue ducky for him because "he needed a bathtub ducky!" 


He seemed to thoroughly enjoy his birthday.  He loved having Rachael, Tressa, Amanda, Grandma Judy, Brennen, and Amy over to celebrate with the four of us!  It was a lot of action for a little guy!


We have been so blessed to have Harry in our lives this past year--we love him a TON!!  We are so excited he's part of our family!  Happy birthday again, little buddy!

12 comments:

The Shepherd family June 2, 2011 at 5:47 PM  

Happy Birthday Harry! What a great time to have a Birthday!

Jill June 2, 2011 at 7:31 PM  

Happy Bday Harry! You can't get much more happy and adorable than you. :)

Pk Hrezo June 3, 2011 at 5:58 AM  

Love the photo journal! Very cool. ANd those kids are just too cute!

Nicki June 3, 2011 at 9:16 AM  

I absolutely LOVE all the shots!! What beautiful pictures!! The frosting ones are the best! Happy Birthday, Harry!

Jansen Family June 3, 2011 at 10:23 AM  

Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone!

Aliesha, It's practically the same week as yours!

Jill, I completely agree!

PK, It's the first time I've tried it, and I think I'll be doing it again!

Nicki, I absolutely love his expressions as he tried the frosting...still makes me laugh!

Carla

Amber@Nater Tot June 3, 2011 at 1:03 PM  

I love all of these pics! I always have a hard time not putting up 100s of shots myself :) Happy Birthday Harry!!

Skye June 3, 2011 at 1:52 PM  

Happy Birthday to Harry! Awwww! Great pictures. I love the cake- what a great job you did Momma!! When we sang happy birthday to jules, she did the same thing- she LOVED it and knew it was all about her. I wish i could have video'd her face - so precious!
I know what you mean about having too many photos. hahaha! I love the photo album style you used. Is that something thru photoshop or something else all together??

Jansen Family June 3, 2011 at 5:11 PM  

Amber, I totally know what you mean! I decided a first birthday just has to be one time I can put up a million pictures!

Skye, I love how they just soak up the attention--it's so cute! I actually used Picture2Life.com, though I bet photoshop would work great too. Picture2Life was really easy to use...my only complaint was that their different layouts weren't really sorted, so I had to scroll through quite a few to find the ones I wanted. Still, I think I'll use them again. ;)

Carla

notexpectingtoomuch June 4, 2011 at 5:26 PM  

I love that he had his own personal cake. That's a proper first birthday. And, Fruit Loops around the other cake? My kids would love you for that.

Fantastic pictures, especially the ones with him smiling.

Jansen Family June 4, 2011 at 9:23 PM  

Notexpectingtoomuch, The kids did like the fruit loops, but I really can't take all the credit for them. I wouldn't have used them if Kaia hadn't been so in love with the idea!

And I really love Harry's smile too...he already gets away with just about anything when he flashes that toothless grin my way!

Carla

Anonymous June 7, 2011 at 7:01 PM  

Thanks for sharing those beautiful photos of Harry's first birthday Carla! He looks like he had an awesome time!
Char
The Epic Adventures of a Modern Mom
http://1epicmom.com

Jansen Family June 7, 2011 at 11:17 PM  

Thanks, Char! I'm so glad you were able to stop by!

Carla