It's All Downhill From Here...

Maybe you remember Harry's birthday last month...it was the first time he had frosting.  I'm pretty good at protecting my children from sweets and other childhood dangers...until they're about one year old.  Then it seems like it just keeps going downhill!  We've had a lot of firsts during the last month:

First Ice Cream Cone:
 


First Candy:


First French-fry:


First Painting:


First Airplane Ride:
 

First Parade: (Don't worry...I didn't let him stir the water with the flag!)
 

So, yes, going downhill fast...but it sure is a fun ride!

7 comments:

Jenn July 6, 2011 at 4:00 PM  

Yay for firsts!!!! How did he do on the plane ride? I'm nervous for that one!

The Shepherd family July 6, 2011 at 6:49 PM  

Sounds like you are being an excellent parent to me! ;o)

Jansen Family July 6, 2011 at 8:18 PM  

Jenn, He did fabulous! I was pretty nervous too because he is NOT one to hold still, but he slept for half of the 3-hour flight. It worked out great!

Thanks Aliesha! I still shudder when I think about how much sugar he's had during the last month, but he's been perfectly happy about it all! Btw, I love your new profile pic! ;)

Carla

Chels July 6, 2011 at 9:37 PM  

Heehee... of course he's happy, he's full of sugar! :) Sounds like you've had tons of fun!

KimD July 7, 2011 at 9:09 AM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
KimD July 7, 2011 at 9:11 AM  

I'm on the road downhill with you! Last week I gave B her first (and hopefully last) Pixie stick! She hadn't a clue what to do with it. I should have left it at that but NOOOOOO I had to show her how to tip the head back and pour that evil sweetness down her throat! Thankfully, she shouted "too sweet" and hasn't asked for another one!

Jansen Family July 9, 2011 at 7:58 AM  

Chels, It has been an amazing month...I just hope I can catch up on all the posts I need to!

lol, Kim! I'd say you got off lucky! When Kaia let Harry taste her candy, he got this look in eyes...he seems to have the same sweet tooth as his sister!

Carla