2011: A Memorable Back-to-School Season


Every fall I get that Back-to-School twitch.  For some reason, I can't help thinking of lesson plans, fun ways to unite classrooms and get to know students, and my favorite labs and demonstrations!  This year, though, will be memorable for very different reasons:

#1.  The Car We're Buying:


And if this isn't the right picture, it's very similar!  We're planning on getting a Corolla today...hopefully!  We've known for a couple weeks that we were going to buy a car.  Last week we were jogging and Kaia suddenly burst into tears.  I worried she might have been bit by a spider or Fire Ant...or something.  When she finally slowed the tears down enough to talk she told me, "I just love our car.  It's so beautiful!"  She has, however, agreed that this one is pretty enough.  How's that for a Back-to-School memory!

#2.  Jon's birthday is tomorrow (birthdays are always memorable!). 
 
Hopefully I have time to post about his real birthday cake.

#3.  The fun place I'd like to visit during one of the next few weekends: 


I really want to go to the beach...in our new car.  Kaia wants to collect seashells and I want to listen to the water.  I'm sure Harry will want to try swimming in the ocean, but I'll do my best to keep his feet on the sand!  It takes us a bit over an hour to get there, so hopefully we'll be able to make the time soon.

#4.  Of course, there WILL be back-to-school shopping!  
 

I will be taking advantage of a couple specials:  
  •  Tax-free weekend in Texas starts tomorrow!  Woo-hoo!  School supplies, clothes under $100, diapers, and more are all tax-free.  Yes, I will be stocking up on several items!  
  •  Tinyprints.com is hosting a site-wide sale right now through Tuesday, August 23!  Yay!  Stationary, labels, planners, business cards, and so much more is available in their Back-to-School tab at http://www.tinyprints.com/back-to-school.htm--have fun checking them out!


#5.  While I won't be at a school building, we will have regular School Time again with Kaia and some of our little friends that visit regularly.  I am really looking forward to homeschooling through preschool!!  It's such a treat to spend so much time with these kids.



This post is sponsored by Tinyprints, who provided a gift card for me.  All opinions are mine!

3 comments:

Lindsay August 19, 2011 at 1:11 PM  

Wow, tax-free weekend? I wish they had that in CA! Good luck on getting your car. I love Toyota! Oh, and have fun back to school shopping. I used to love doing that as a kid.

Jansen Family August 20, 2011 at 8:01 AM  

Tax-free weekends should be a lot more common than they are! And we did get the car--woo hoo!!

Carla

Skye August 24, 2011 at 8:57 PM  

I hope you made it to the beach in your *new* car!! :)