She Used To Be A Slow Eater


She's always been willing to try new foods and has a very short list of things she does not like (which includes pickles and spicy foods!), but she has always taken a long time to eat her meals.

One time, she told me, "Daddy eats his food fast, but I don't.  I eat my food slowly."  

Today, I'm afraid she quadrupled the time she takes to eat.

It started with a simple question:  "Mommy, how long does it take for my food to get into my tummy?"

"Not long," I answered.  "It moves pretty fast."

"How fast?"

"Well," I pointed at her orange slices.  "Put an orange in your mouth."  I watched her chew and swallow it.  "Now count to ten."

"Fast or slow?"

"Either."

"1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10."  She looked at me.

"That orange is already in your tummy!"

"Really?  That was so fast!"

"Yep."

"I'm going to do it again!"  She chewed another slice, swallowed, and counted to ten.  Then she giggled and patted her tummy.  She continued to laugh, count to ten, and check on her tummy every time she took another bite for the rest of the meal!

I don't think "slow eater" even begins to describe her anymore!  

4 comments:

laughwithusblog October 1, 2011 at 8:18 AM  

Aw, they change so fast!

Jansen Family October 1, 2011 at 8:47 PM  

They sure do!

Carla

KERRY October 2, 2011 at 4:23 AM  

She's a cutie!! Have a great weekend :)

Jansen Family October 3, 2011 at 1:54 PM  

Thanks, Kerry! The weekend was wonderful...I hope you enjoyed yours too!

Carla