Okay, this takes a few minutes to put together, but it is definitely worth the time! I thought the left-overs were particularly delicious with Herdez Salsa Verde (a green Mexican salsa) spooned over the top of it! We've had it as a yummy dinner and the perfect after-run breakfast!
hash-browns (we used "southwest" hash-browns, but it probably doesn't matter)
6 scrambled eggs
1 package cooked bacon
1 can refried beans
1 chopped bell-pepper
dried, minced onion
2/3 can diced tomatoes, drained
cheese...lots of cheese!
cream cheese, melted just until it is spreadable
1/4-1/2 cup milk
1. Spray 9 x 13 inch pan.
2. Cover bottom of pan with tortillas.
3. Spread the bacon across the tortillas.
4. Mix refried beans and hash-browns and spread on top of bacon.
5. Spread another layer of tortillas across pan.
6. Spread scrambled eggs across tortillas.
7. Spread melted cream cheese on top of eggs.
8. Sprinkle bell-peppers on top of cream cheese/eggs and cover with cheese (we used colby jack).
9. Slowly pour milk through the top, along the edges and in the middle, until you can see it begin to sit on the bottom of the pan.
10. Spread another layer of tortillas across pan.
11. Cover tortillas with more cheese...mmmmm!
12. Sprinkle tomatoes across pan and partially cover the tomatoes with cheese.
13. Sprinkle minced onions and taco seasoning across top, to taste!
14. Cook uncovered for about half an hour at 385 degrees, until cheese is golden brown and casserole is heated through.