Breakfast Taco Lasagna

Okay, this takes a few minutes to put together, but it is definitely worth the time!  I thought the left-overs were particularly delicious with Herdez Salsa Verde (a green Mexican salsa) spooned over the top of it!  We've had it as a yummy dinner and the perfect after-run breakfast!



Ingredients:
corn tortillas
hash-browns (we used "southwest" hash-browns, but it probably doesn't matter)
6 scrambled eggs
1 package cooked bacon
1 can refried beans
1 chopped bell-pepper
dried, minced onion
taco seasoning
2/3 can diced tomatoes, drained
cheese...lots of cheese!
cream cheese, melted just until it is spreadable
1/4-1/2 cup milk

Instructions:
1.  Spray 9 x 13 inch pan.
2.  Cover bottom of pan with tortillas.
3.  Spread the bacon across the tortillas.
4.  Mix refried beans and hash-browns and spread on top of bacon.
5.  Spread another layer of tortillas across pan.
6.  Spread scrambled eggs across tortillas.
7.  Spread melted cream cheese on top of eggs.
8.  Sprinkle bell-peppers on top of cream cheese/eggs and cover with cheese (we used colby jack).
9.  Slowly pour milk through the top, along the edges and in the middle, until you can see it begin to sit on the bottom of the pan.
10.  Spread another layer of tortillas across pan.
11.  Cover tortillas with more cheese...mmmmm!
12.  Sprinkle tomatoes across pan and partially cover the tomatoes with cheese.
13.  Sprinkle minced onions and taco seasoning across top, to taste!
14.  Cook uncovered for about half an hour at 385 degrees, until cheese is golden brown and casserole is heated through.

6 comments:

mmbear October 2, 2011 at 3:57 AM  

That actually looks really good! I would even have it for dinner. Stopping by from the blog hop and now a new follower of your blog thru GFC. I would love a follow back when you get the chance. Thanks so much and have a great day! Also, I am having my first giveaway of Eclipse Spa Products so I hope you come by and enter! Good Luck!

Mary@http://www.mmbearcupoftea.com

Jansen Family October 3, 2011 at 1:55 PM  

Mmbear, Thanks for stopping by! We actually did have it for dinner--I love having breakfast at dinnertime! Then, we warmed up leftovers the next morning after we went running. Mmmmm. ;)

Carla

Lindsay October 5, 2011 at 2:24 PM  

This sounds sooo yummy! I love lasagna. Definitely trying this recipe!

Jansen Family October 6, 2011 at 1:56 PM  

Lindsay, I hope you love it! We sure did!

Carla

Jennie October 6, 2011 at 8:52 PM  

This sounds so good - I just bookmarked it to try! And I've been meaning to tell you - I finally made that squash banana smoothie you mentioned a while back, and it was so good! My anti-squash toddler thought it was a great treat - thanks for sharing it :)

Jansen Family October 7, 2011 at 10:35 AM  

Jennie, I hope you love it! And I'm so glad you guys liked the smoothie! The ways you can combine fruits and veggies is just amazing to me!

Carla