Look What My Daddy Taught Me!


I was telling my dad about Kaia's new skill and how it's a bit of a hopeless situation because I find it so incredibly funny--she's definitely getting way too much positive feedback for this!

It started when my husband tried to convince Kaia that his mom (who was sitting across the table) taught him how to do this.  Kaia quickly caught on to the idea that Jon was teasing his mom by saying she taught him the trick when Kaia was pretty sure that Grandma would never do such a thing.  She promptly grabbed a handful of grapes, turned to Grandma, and said, "Do you want to see what my Daddy taught me?"  She's repeated the performance every time we've had grapes since.

My dad wisely suggested that I record the whole thing because it's "one of those little things" that you think you'll always remember, but then the years go by and...  well, you know.

8 comments:

Chic Homeschool Mama October 24, 2011 at 4:50 PM  

Oh my goodness- the things they learn from others!!! :) My kids would choke for sure- that many grapes & they wouldn't be able to do it without laughing the whole time.

Jansen Family October 24, 2011 at 6:24 PM  

She usually does laugh--I think the camera might have thrown her! The idea of teasing her Daddy is just so delightful!

Carla

Skye October 24, 2011 at 9:34 PM  

Oh my! LOL! That's a whole lot of grapes! And she looks very classy eating them in that outfit too! :)

laughwithusblog October 25, 2011 at 3:46 PM  

Those Daddies--What are we going to do with them!

Alicia@ Mommy Delicious October 26, 2011 at 1:37 AM  

HAHA!! Daddies are hilarious! And so are kids!

Jansen Family October 26, 2011 at 10:39 PM  

Skye, The irony of her little princess personality and the grape stuffing totally has me cracking up! Every time!

Esther, As Kaia would say, "We just love them too much," lol!

Alicia, They do seem to keep us all laughing!

Carla

The Shepherd family October 27, 2011 at 11:48 AM  

She reminds me of someone I know.... humm, I wonder who that could be ;o)

Jansen Family October 30, 2011 at 3:18 PM  

Aliesha, I'm sure I don't know what you're talking about! ;)

Carla