Our "Spooky" Halloween Party

Many of you know my little girl loves to have a party...and a holiday like Halloween is the perfect reason to celebrate!  I enjoy Halloween too...the cutesy, fun, giggly spooky kind of Halloween (not the creepy, gross zombie type of Halloween!).  So, in the spirit of fun Halloween-y-ness, here are our "spooky" Halloween Party pictures!

First off, the Witch's Brew!  To say the kids loved this would be a serious understatement.  They could have played in it for hours!  


Next, a little craft!  I used Halloween-shaped Scratchy Art that I ordered when I put together the Halloween Kits for Whole Child Creative Curriculum.  


And what's a Halloween Party without a piñata?  Okay, so maybe there are many Halloween Parties for kids without a piñata, but our party certainly had one!  If you're interested in how to make a piñata, I put up detailed instructions here


"Whack!  I got it!"

"Oh no...a leg fell off!"

"Don't worry...I'll put it back on!  See?  All better!"

Finally, we came back to eat our Witch's Brew with some Lemon Swirl Cupcakes.  Mmmmm.  The kids all wanted more sugar, but since it was lunch time I made them wait a few minutes for spaghetti.  It's amazing how fast an hour can go by when you're having a Halloween Party!!!


I still need to post about carving a pumpkin, trick-or-treating, and costumes...hopefully we finish Halloween up in one week!

12 comments:

Vivian November 2, 2011 at 3:27 PM  

We do piñatas ALL the time..but never for Halloween..You've got me thinking now! Looks like you had a blast!

Sarah November 2, 2011 at 4:19 PM  

How fun. What a great idea.

Tiffany November 2, 2011 at 4:37 PM  

That looks like they had so much fun!! We went a Halloween kid's party this past weekend, and they had a pinata, too (pumpkin one). Any excuse will do for a pinata!

Stopping by from NaptimeMomtog

Skye November 2, 2011 at 8:38 PM  

I have party envy! That looks like so much fun. I Love the witches brew - what a great idea!

Crystal November 2, 2011 at 9:01 PM  

So cute! I love Halloween! The party looks like it was awesome!

Jansen Family November 2, 2011 at 9:13 PM  

Vivian, That's awesome! I don't think you can have too many piñatas!

Thanks, Sarah!

Seriously, Tiffany! Any excuse!!

Skye, I'm not sure if I liked the witch's brew or the piñata better...both were so fun!

Thanks, Crystal! We sure thought it was! ;)

Carla

Nicki November 3, 2011 at 8:19 AM  

I LOVE that pinata (sorry, I don't know how to get the tilde over the "n" on the computer)!

laughwithusblog November 7, 2011 at 9:59 AM  

What a fun party!!! You went all out!

Jansen Family November 7, 2011 at 3:03 PM  

Thanks, Nicki! The only way I've got the tilde was to copy and paste it from somewhere else!

Esther, We all had a blast!

Carla

Cricket November 8, 2011 at 8:34 PM  

Hello!
Your party looks like it was so much fun! Great job :D
I am your newest follower from the Give a Hoot blog hop.
I would love it if you stopped by at www.inspiredlangley.com to say hello :) I have some great giveaways with really low entries and rafflecopter on my left sidebar. Hope you enjoy. Have a great night.
Crystal

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm November 10, 2011 at 2:03 PM  

that looks so fun! Love the witch's brew and the gigantic spider pinata! Thanks for following - I'll be following you back I just have to switch browsers first (for some reason, I can no longer follow through firefox - sigh).

Rosalinda Hone July 30, 2012 at 10:57 AM  

Delicious Halloween foods! During Halloween, our family often prepares pizza for the kids. I carve and transform tomatoes into mini Jack-O Lantern toppings so kids will eat the vegetables. =]