Christmas Wreath (Preschool/Toddler Craft)

Kids love to make things...especially my kids!  They really enjoyed making these wreaths because they could do all the designing.  They chose the size and color of the pom poms they would use and arranged them how they wanted.  


Supplies: 
cardboard "wreath" -- I cut up a cereal box (how's that for recycling?!)
yarn or string
hole-puncher
pom poms
glue--you could use craft glue, but I used Elmers...then I put a few reinforcing drops of hot glue on while they napped. ;)

It's So Easy:
1.  Punch a hole and tie the string!


2.  Kaia insisted on decorating the back, so of course the other kids wanted to as well!


3.  Put a nice, thick ring of glue around the wreath and let your kiddos place the pom poms of their choice!  Remind them to push hard and then leave it alone to dry!  (Yes, we craft and sometimes even have School Time in our jammies!)


Ta da! Beautiful and individual!  Merry Christmas!



I linked this post up at Teach Me Tuesday!  Join the Party!

Teach Me Tuesday at Whole Child Creative Curriculum



4 comments:

Skye December 13, 2011 at 7:45 PM  

what a great idea! I love it! I think we will be making those next year when Julianna is old enough to use glue and not eat it LOL

Amber@Nater Tot December 13, 2011 at 8:12 PM  

That is a fantastic idea! I know Nate would love this and we actually have all of the supplies already :)

Color Lesson Plans December 14, 2011 at 5:05 AM  

Very innovative. Great job!!!

Jansen Family December 14, 2011 at 8:56 AM  

lol, Skye. Harry thinks that the Elmer's glue bottles look just like a baby bottle--you can imagine what that leads to!

Thanks, Amber! I love crafts that use things we have around the house!

Thanks, Color Lesson Plans! I'm glad you came by!

Carla