(almost) Wordless Wednesday: Happy New Year!!

Yes, I will do a Christmas post soon.  I promise.  But, today just has to be a New Years post!!

We had our little New Years Party in a parking lot.  Kaia announced, "I've been waiting my whole life to do fireworks!"  I'm happy to announce that she was very satisfied with our little pyrotechnics...she wanted to repeat the party "every day!"



This is the only picture I could get of Harry with a sparkler...his foot caught a spark or two and he was perfectly happy to watch Kaia play with the sparklers!



The cherry tomatoes and grapes were perfect party food!



I may have been even more entertained by the chickens than the kids!  The chickens seem to be the next generation of Whistling Petes...they scream really loud and then pop out an "egg!"  Sadly, the egg deflates in about two minutes.  





And because I know how much you love videos:


Kaia made this one (she's quite the little camera-girl!):

3 comments:

Aliesha January 4, 2012 at 11:28 AM  

looks like so much fun! I love your scenic picture too!

Sarah January 4, 2012 at 12:03 PM  

How fun. Great shots.

Jansen Family January 4, 2012 at 2:22 PM  

Thanks, Aliesha! Just as we were getting started, Kaia pointed out the "beautiful sunset," and I completely agreed--it was gorgeous!

Thanks, Sarah! Every holiday is becoming very exciting in new ways as our kids get more and more into them!

Carla