Happy Chinese New Year! (& Cool Dragon Puppet Craft!)

Chinese New Year is tomorrow, so we naturally started celebrating a few days early!  As you might have noticed, I'm still very much in a Christmas/New Years mood, so this just fit right along with all of our other festivities!


The kids **loved** this Dragon Puppet Craft!  As you know, my kids are pretty little, so nobody actually colored the entire dragon.  However, they played Dragons for the rest of the day!


I found the pattern and printable head and tail here, but we used straws instead of dangerous pointed objects for puppet sticks.  Harry did enjoy popping his straws off, but the rest of the kids (2-4 years old) were very protective of their dragons!  And I really enjoyed hearing all of their dragons growl at each other, climb on mountains (couches), in caves (under the table) and everywhere else the kids knew dragons should go!

3 comments:

Nutty Mom January 26, 2012 at 4:42 PM  

I just ran across your blog through many random links. I saw you're in Texas, me too! I also homeschool our 3 kids, ages 4,3,2. I saw we've done some similar projects! I'll be back that's for sure! I love finding other homeschooling moms.

Jansen Family January 26, 2012 at 7:57 PM  

Nutty Mom, that's so cool! What part of Texas are you in? We're in Houston. Your kids are really close together--how exciting! I have a lot of other ideas you might like on my preschool blog too--http://PreschoolPowolPackets.blogspot.com. I'm so excited to meet you!

Carla

Brooke @ Let Kids Create January 29, 2012 at 11:40 PM  

What a fun puppet. My girls would love to do something like this. Thanks for sharing on Monday Madness. Hope you'll link up again next week.