Crochet Heart Pocket (pattern/tutorial)

Pin It



I fell in love with the idea of a heart pocket when I saw it on another blog, but when I saw that the pattern they used was one they had bought (and understandably would not be sharing on their blog), I decided to make up a pattern myself.  Since I liked the results, I decided to share it on here...I hope someone out there enjoys it! 

Crochet Heart Pocket Pattern


First, make two “red” hearts (I used a variegated red/pink yarn):

Gauge:  I used a size “F” crochet hook and worked loosely.  The final heart fit in my hand—see the picture.  
Note:  sl st (slip stitch); ch (chain); sc (single crochet); dc (double crochet); tc (triple crochet)

1.  Ch 4, sl st together, ch 1, turn.









2.  {1 sc, 1 dc} in first st, 3 dc in next 2 stitches, {1 dc, 1 sc} in last st, ch 1, turn.  10 st.









3.  1 sc in first 4 st, 2 dc in next 2 st, 1 sc in last 4 st, ch 1, turn.  12 st.







4.  3 sc in first st, 1 sc in next 3 st, 1 dc in next st, {1 dc, 1 tc, ch 1, 1 dc} in next st, 1 dc  in next st, 1 sc in next 4 st, 3 sc in last st, ch 1, turn.








5.  3 sc in first st, 2 sc in next st, sc in next 6 st, {2 dc, 1 tc, ch 3, sl in 3rd chain from hook, 2 dc} in ch-1 space, sc in next 7 st, 2 sc in next st, 4 sc in last st, slip st and fasten off. 







Second, single crochet the red hearts together with white or another contrasting yarn.   

Start at the bottom tip and work your way up to the top, joining the two red hearts as you go.   



When you reach the top, join #1 (in picture to left), but work #2 in just one heart.  I put 4 sc in one st at #2, then continued around the heart.  

 







  When you reach the tip again, put an extra sc in the tip and work your way around the heart one more time, this time stitching in the “other” red heart at the top.  When you get back to the tip, put an extra two sc in the tip so you can stretch it to a point.








Ta da!  All done...and in about half an hour too!

2 comments:

Skye February 14, 2012 at 1:33 PM  

That's so cute! Love it. Now... only if I Liked to knit! :) Happy Valentines day!

Jansen Family February 16, 2012 at 5:57 PM  

Thanks, Skye! I've loved crochet since I was like 10!

Carla