Wordless Wednesday: Strawberry Picking

We went strawberry picking at Atkinson Farm in Spring, about 20-30 minutes north-west of us.  It's my new favorite strawberry farm, but I'll let the pictures tell the rest!














Ooops...I blinked!

Harry was very concerned that part of the tractor was left behind!


Atkinson's also has a little shop full of home-grown veggies and a few fruits--Mmmmm!
A lot of the strawberries had been beat up by the four straight days of rain we had just had, but we were still able to easily find a lot of good ones--it actually made it a lot like a treasure hunt for berries!  Even Harry knew to look for yummy strawberries, not yucky ones, lol!  

On the way home, Kaia said, "I have a riddle for everyone!  What starts out green, but changes to red?"  The answer: strawberries!

I think we'll be going back as often as possible during strawberry season! Yay!

6 comments:

Susan March 21, 2012 at 8:44 AM  

Oh what a fun day!! Your children are precious...

Em S March 21, 2012 at 10:21 AM  

What fun!!

Sarah Halstead March 21, 2012 at 10:00 PM  

Adorable photo.

Carolyn March 25, 2012 at 7:37 PM  

How beeeautiful, all the children, adults, plants and strawberries!! Reminds me of Teal Club!!

Jansen Family April 4, 2012 at 3:20 PM  

Thanks, Susan!

Em, it was a blast!

Thanks, Sarah!

Yeah, Mom, I totally thought of Teal Club...I have some great strawberry-picking memories!

Carla

Carolyn July 1, 2012 at 7:01 PM  

This is all so cute. It looks like St. Patrick's day!