Here's To Kaia! (our new 5-year old!)




An Interview With a New 5-Year Old:

What is your favorite food?  Cheeseburgers
What is your least favorite food?   pickles
What's your favorite color?  Let me think...black, because it is inside of coloring books and I get to color it in!
What is your favorite place?  Chuck E Cheese!!!  (This became a theme during out little interview.)
What is your favorite thing to do with your family?  Play with them.
What is your favorite way to play with them?  Play at Chuck E Cheese!
What is your favorite toy?  Hmm....let me think...Baby Kaia.
What is your favorite game?  Hide N Seek.  I mean, not Hide N Seek.  Squirrel the Nut!
What makes you happy?  My family.
What makes you sad?  Getting hurt.
Do you get hurt a lot?  Yeah.
How do you get hurt?  Sometimes a friend...today, I hurt myself on the stairs.  
What is your favorite thing to do outside?  Swing!
What is your favorite movie?  Dora!
Do you have any other shows you like?  Strawberry Shortcake!  
What is your favorite song?  If You're Happy and You Know it Clap Your Hands!
Any other songs you like?  Jeremiah Was a Bullfrog (sang the whole thing!)
What is your favorite animal?  Monkeys
What is your least favorite animal?  Giraffes...just kidding!  Fire ants.
What has been your favorite class?  DANCE!!
What is your favorite thing to do during School Time?  Learn stuff!!
What kind of stuff do you like to learn?  About new things!! and I do like to make magical sparkly explosions.  I love that!
Is there anything that scares you or makes you nervous?  Um...you know...it does make me nervous when it's like I'm all by myself.  
Does that happen a lot?  No, but it did happen to me one time.  Everyone else was outside and I was inside and I forgot that everyone was outside and it was very scary.  It was so scary I went upstairs and cried.  And Daddy came up and helped me feel better.
What is your favorite book?  It's called I See A Monster. (and she reads it herself too!)
Which do you like better, Valentines or Easter?  EASTER!!  I said, Easter!!
Why is that?  Because we get to do Easter Egg Hunts!  Do you know that?  You do.  That's why I like Easter more.
What's your favorite computer game?  Um...you know...I don't have any favorite computer game.  All of them are my favorite.
If you could go anywhere right now, where would you go?  To Chuck E. Cheese!
What do you want to be when you grow up?  A mom!  And I wish every day we could go to Chuck E. Cheese.  Ask me some wishing questions!  
What is your favorite wish?  Going to Chuck E. Cheese every day!
If you were a mom, what would you do better than your mom?  Clean the walls!  and I would have a different rule that you could run around at nap time.
What's your favorite treat?  Candy.
What's your favorite Disney Princess?  Cinderella.
Anything else?   No.  I just love being five.

3 comments:

Skye April 20, 2012 at 12:55 PM  

what a sweetie! ANd such a nice idea to interview your daughter! Can't beleive she is 5 - they grow up so fast as the saying goes! Wow Happy 5th to Kaia!

Jansen Family April 21, 2012 at 6:56 AM  

Thanks, Skye! It's so true! I think about her birth and Harry's birth and they seem so recent, but then I look at them and I wonder how the years are just flying!

Carla

Carolyn July 1, 2012 at 6:55 PM  

This is such a beautiful picture, and, what a great interview!