Bok Choy Recipe

Bok Choy, also known as White Cabbage or Chinese Cabbage, is full of amazing vitamins and nutrients...and it totally jumped into my cart last weekend!  This post is actually for my sister--I was just telling her how I was excited to try cooking it in a new way, and she asked what it was.  Well, here it is!

Quick Bok Choy
(because it might have taken 10 minutes to prepare!)


1- Chop the whole head of bok choy into pieces about 1" x 3" and leave it on your cutting board.

2- In a big frying pan, pour about 2-3 tablespoons olive oil, 2 tablespoons sesame ginger salad dressing, 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce, and 2-3 tablespoons soy sauce.  Stir them together and bring to a light boil.

3- Add all the bok choy, mix it all together, put the lid on, set the heat to medium, and let it cook for 5-10 minutes.  You want the leafy green parts soft and the big white parts slightly crunchy.  You can always take a bite and see if you like it!  

I seriously love how it turned out!  My kids both tried it and Kaia ate about a 1/2 cup serving.  It was too hot when Harry tasted it (by the time it had cooled down he was done eating), but we had another 1-year old friend over who enjoyed several pieces.  

I also love to throw bok choy into stir-frys and soups, but I wait until 

3 comments:

Sassy Shopper Reviews May 25, 2012 at 8:37 PM  

This looks delicious! I'm new to your blog, would love a follow back at http://sassyshopperreviews.blogspot.com/
Have a great holiday weekend!!

Nicki May 31, 2012 at 12:14 PM  

I hate Blogger. I just typed this long and incredibly awesome (if I do say so myself) reply that may or may not have involved Beavis and Butthead but Blogger messed up and my comment is gone. I can't retype it now. Grrr...
Anyway, it basically said that I have never tried Bok Choy but how I love the name of the vegetable but in a much more amusing way.

Carolyn July 1, 2012 at 6:46 PM  

Hey I love how doable this make it look to cook bok choy!