Morning & Evening Routines {FREE} Printable

A couple weeks ago I realized that the kids could independently do most of our bedtime routines...if they could only stay on task!  I made this little printable to help and have been so happy with the results!!  So, I thought I'd share it for free!  Click here to download it!


Kaia (five years old) is now waking up, making her bed, and getting dressed by herself.  We're still working on the hair.  ;)  In the evening, she can move through the entire list by herself.  She and Harry both love marking the circles.  I don't even have to offer them a reward for filling in the chart--they just love doing it!  Harry (two years old) needs a little help now, but returning to me and marking the circles keeps him on task and even happy about the process.  It's also good practice for his little fine motor skills!  I keep thinking I should have done it years ago!

Do you use a chart for routines or chores for young children?  I don't use anything for chores, but I'm starting to think about it!

5 comments:

Lindsey February 19, 2013 at 11:13 AM  

This is so great for preschool ages. Thank you for adding it to our Link Up at Tending The Home Tuesdays :)

MyJourneyBack February 19, 2013 at 3:23 PM  

Really great idea.
Thanks for sharing.

Jansen Family February 20, 2013 at 7:53 PM  

Thanks Lindsey!

Sure, MyJourneyBack!

The Beerman Family March 17, 2013 at 6:38 PM  

Carla, you are so clever!! This is super cute:). We did something very similar to this years ago but mine was very caveman like!! I would add brush teeth in the morning as well :)

Jansen Family March 19, 2013 at 1:38 PM  

Teeth in the morning! I knew there was room for something else, lol!