Welcome Back!!


I'm back!

And this time I have big news:



Ryleigh Rebecca was born almost three weeks ago.  Wow...the time has flown!


I'll summarize her birth details:
  • Total time from when I was sure "this was it!" until her birth: 3 1/2 hours.
  • Total time from when my water broke until birth:  less than 1 hour.
  • Total time for pain killers:  none.  I was planning on doing it without an epidural, but I was hoping for some other milder pain medicine.  But, I would happily repeat the speedy birth/no medicine over a longer birth with medicine!
  • The doctor arrived 10-15 minutes after she was born!
  • There was no tearing or cutting!
  • She weighed 7 lbs 10 oz and was 18 inches long. 

One of the nurses declared Ryleigh "A Champ!" and I completely agree!  She's happy, snuggly, eats well, sleeps well (as well as you'd expect a newborn to, anyway), and already loves Kaia and Harry.

And now, of course, some pictures:








I love this picture a random lady took for us last week!  Ryleigh's first outing was a walk and some play time at the park.  It was the first "adventure" we took all three kids on, and everyone had a great time.  I love how this picture has all five of us, outside, enjoying each other and the nice (winter) sun!

 


5 comments:

Heather Margaziotis February 11, 2013 at 7:35 PM  

Oh so precious. I am love nothing more than the smell of a brand new baby. They are so small and so sweet. Congratulations on your new bundle of joy. I just recently found you via the monday mingle. Will be back to read more as I am your newest follower.

- Heather
http://hmmargazi.blogspot.com

Jansen Family February 12, 2013 at 8:45 PM  

Thanks, Heather!! I love that baby smell too!!

skye fillmore February 13, 2013 at 8:36 AM  

OMG how did I miss this post?! Congrats and she is just beautiful!! :) What a sweet little face!

Jansen Family February 15, 2013 at 12:20 PM  

hehehe..thanks Skye! I miss "big" posts too!

Sarah Avila February 17, 2013 at 7:51 AM  

Congratulations on your beautiful baby girl!

Sounds like your labor went quite well and quick!!

Thanks so much for sharing and linking up with My Pregnancy Journal!