I love baby pictures! And I love the effect digital photography has had on picture taking: getting hundreds of shots of very similar poses! I have tried to narrow these 6-month pictures down to just a handful for you.
Of course, I think she's the cutest baby ever (you know I have three cutest babies ever now) and I love to look at her over and over! So, here's a couple of the bloopers:
And what was she doing at six months?
- Obviously she was sitting, rolling, and grabbing objects!
- She also could say a pretty clear "Mama" and "Dada" and summon Kaia and Harry with distinct calls. You might call her calls a cry, but I can tell it's a name. She has been working very hard on talking.
- Her first food, at six months, was homemade baby food: carrots!
And what is she doing now? Well, we're approaching eight months in another week, and here are some of her mad skills:
- She has a sign for "come," though she also uses it to summon inanimate objects. Often, she gets lucky and they come flying toward her (in the hands of Kaia or Harry).
- She pulled up (all the way to a standing position) for the first time yesterday.
- She likes to stand and hold on to things...and she gets very frustrated when she falls!
- She is doing a fun combination of rolling, scooting, and almost-crawling to get around. She has crawled a few times, but it's usually an accident. Yesterday, she actually crawled deliberately...though she only moved each leg once before she fell on her tummy!
- She loves to go outside. She loves to go running in the jogging stroller. She cries whenever we walk past the door without opening it and going outside.
- She is still working hard on talking. She makes lots of sounds, and we're not sure what it all means, but one of her favorite games is to make sounds and listen to us copy them. She also copies back, and it is hilarious!
- She has lots of ideas and opinions and is not shy about letting us know exactly what she wants...and doesn't want! She does not like getting dressed, wearing headbands, having her diaper changed, or having her face wiped. She does like to go outside, touch new things, eat (especially those funny Gerber puffs, fruit, and carrots), and she really loves playing with her family.
Happily, we really love her too, and are so glad she is now part of our family. Harry and Kaia play with her so well and love to make her happy. A few weeks ago, Kaia said it best: "I just can't imagine our family without Ryleigh!"