Monster Truck Birthday Party at Old MacDonald's Farm

Harry turned 4 at the beginning of the summer and wanted two things for his birthday: a Monster Truck Birthday Cake with the number four on it and a party at Old MacDonald's Farm.  Well, birthday boy...wishes granted!!






The wheels were definitely the most popular part of the cake...we had to split them so each kiddo could have half of one!











This was the first time I tried making a cake using fondant, and I felt a lot like a kid playing with play dough!  I learned a lot, and will try a few new things next time, but it sure made my cute 4-year old happy!




Now...where are the pictures of the kids riding horses, feeding deer, and petting goats?  I don't know, but when I find them, I'll be sure to add them!

For the record, Harry's current...

Favorite food: chips and salsa...and pizza and cheeseburgers.
Favorite show: Transformers Rescue Bots
Favorite transformers: Optimus Prime and Bumblebee
Favorite thing to do: play with friends (including Kaia!)
Favorite imaginary friend: Cocky Spell

We absolutely adore our Harry and are so thrilled to have him in our family!
He is full, full, full of energy, love, and excitement about everything he does...a natural reminder to enjoy life and let the little things go!

2 comments:

The Shepherd family August 16, 2014 at 4:19 PM  

Time flies doesn't it! I can't believe how big your kids are getting! If you ever have the urge to check out the NW let us know! We would love to have you over sometime!!!

Jansen Family August 24, 2014 at 7:47 PM  

Yes, it's amazing how fast it goes! I would love to bring everyone to the NW to see you, though I have to tell you...road trips with 1-year olds make me nervous, lol! ~Carla