No Sugar Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe!!

Seriously...this is my new favorite treat!  It's definitely different than a traditional sugary chocolate chip cookie, but it is SO yummy!!  AND it's even good for you!!  Yeah, I'm a little amazed myself.



I came across this recipe for a coconut chocolate chip cookie that is both sugar free and flour free.  I don't mind a little bit of wheat flour and I didn't have all the ingredients, soooo I made some adjustments to the recipe so I could make it with the ingredients I had at home!  SO, here is our

Sugar Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe:


1- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.  Grease a cookie sheet.

2- In your kitchen aid, mix the following until it is well-blended.  Stop the mixer and scrape the edges 2-3 times to make sure it is all mixed in.


* 2/3 cup whole wheat flour
* 2 packets stevia (see notes below)
* 2 eggs
* 1 cup plain yogurt (see notes below)
* 3 tablespoons butter (I use Smart Balance)
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
* 2/3 teaspoon baking powder
* 1 Tablespoon coconut flour
* 2/3 cup sugar free chocolate chips (see notes below)


3- Once it is well-mixed, use a tablespoon to drop cookies onto a greased cookie sheet and cook for about 20 minutes, or until the edges are just starting to brown.



YUMMMM!!!!!!



NOTES:  

1--  Different brands of stevia use different fillers and have different flavors and strengths.  I used Sweet Leaf (powdered) packets.  I really dislike getting too much stevia, so whenever I try a new recipe, I save the eggs for last and use less stevia than I think I'll need.  It's easy to "test" the batter and add more stevia if I think I'll need it.  I like to err on the too-little side of stevia.  :)   When I'm happy with the amount of sweetness, I add the eggs and finish up.

2-- I use Greek Gods plain non-fat greek yogurt.  LOVE the stuff!

3-- I used Lilly's dark chocolate chips...they're sweetened with stevia instead of sugar.  :)

4-- Optionally, putting the dough in the fridge for about 10 minutes makes it easier to work with.

As I type this up, my husband and I are trying to decide if it is ethical for us to eat the entire batch, or if we should save some for the kids tomorrow...

0 comments: