Harry's Delicious Cheese Cake



Do you want to try something different?  Harry announced that he wanted to do "an experiment."  Then he pulled out a brick of cheese and a cheese grater.  I asked him what we were making and he told me:  "a cake."  Say, what?  I was dubious, but I went along with it!  I even made a suggestion: vanilla and almond extracts!  And guess what...his experimental cake turned out amazing!  Who would have thought?!

Add these ingredients, in this order, to a mixing bowl.  Combine thoroughly.  **Please note, all amounts are approximate!**  We only wrote it down so we could make it again later, but we didn't actually measure anything as we went along.  It was a 5-year old's combination...mostly, I just watched.

* 1 cup shredded cheese (we used sharp cheddar)
* 1/3 cup hot water
* 3 eggs
* 1 cup white flour
* 1/2 cup oatmeal
* 2-3 Tablespoons olive oil
* 3/4 cup Splenda
* 2-3 teaspoons vanilla extract
* 2-3 drops almond extract
* 1 teaspoon baking powder

Cook at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes, or until done!

You can frost it or leave it without frosting.  We actually enjoyed it with no frosting.

It is different than a normal cake, but we still enjoyed it...enough that we'd be happy to make it again.  Afterwards, Harry told me, "You guys doubted me, huh?  But I showed you!"  And he did!

0 comments: